WELCOME TO PCFC
The Patient/Client and Family Council (PCFC) – also known as PCFCConnect – is a non profit organization started in the mid 1990’s as a Consumer Survivor Initiative. All PCFC staff and volunteers have personal experience with the mental health or addictions system, either directly or supporting a loved one. We understand what it is like to live each day being affected by mental illness.
Our number one objective is ensuring that people living with mental illness and addictions have the best quality of life, both within the hospital setting and in the community. The Council offers resource information, support, and education to service users, providers, and are contracted by a number of organizations, to partner for system improvement both locally and at the broader regional/provincial level and to provide direct Peer Support services.
What We Do:
- Offer support to patients and their families;
- Assist with system navigation and offer resources;
- Represent service users on Mental Health & Addiction focused committees, working groups and policy development/consultations;
- Gather and share the client & family voice to partner for system improvements;
- Facilitate a variety of peer-led support and self-help groups and services;
- Provide 1:1 Peer Support and transition services;
- Offer Education, Volunteer and supported employment opportunities;
- Network with other regional and provincial peer initiatives
We’re just a phone call away
(or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org)